Civil engineer (Dipl.-Ing./Master Sc.) Head of the Roads Department (m / f / d)
Code number: 212/2021
District Office Tempelhof-Schöneberg of Berlin – Roads and Green Spaces – Department of Roads –
– unlimited –
Weekly working hours:
Full-time with 40 or 39.4 hours per week, part-time employment is possible
Salary / salary group: A 14, E 14 TV-L
Your new tasks:
The Road and Green Area Office, with its five departments, is responsible for the infrastructure of the public urban space in Tempelhof-Schöneberg with its 400 km of streets.
As the head of the Roads Department, we offer you an interesting, diverse management role in a dynamic work environment. The Tempelhof-Schöneberg district office supports the traffic turnaround in Berlin and takes an active part in administrative modernization projects.
- As the head of the Roads Department, you will play a decisive role in shaping its future as well as the personnel development of the current 31 employees (approx. 40 employees in the future) and the management culture.
- You represent the district issues of the department towards senate offices, other authorities and offices, committees, citizens and customers.
- They coordinate and decide processes of fundamental, special or overriding importance.
- They organize and guarantee the performance of the tasks as road construction authority and road construction agency.
- You decide budget matters and are responsible for the acquisition of funds for the roads department.
For civil servants:
fulfillment of the legal career requirements of the second entry office for the civil engineering service branch of the technical service branch with the civil engineering specialization; In addition, several years of experience in a management position with personnel responsibility as well as in dealing with political bodies and decision-making processes.
A graduate with a master’s degree or Dipl.-Ing. Completed academic university degree at a university or technical college (with a successful accreditation procedure) in the fields of civil engineering or industrial engineering related to civil engineering; In addition, several years of experience in a management position with personnel responsibility as well as in dealing with political bodies and decision-making processes.
- In justified individual cases, newly recruited skilled workers from the State of Berlin can be paid a limited allowance above the tariff
- A future-proof job
- Versatile, varied and interesting work areas
- Professional employee and managerial advice from the Fürstenberg Institute
- Compatibility of family and work through the possibility of part-time employment and individual working hours
- Flexible working time models
- 30 days vacation and non-working days on December 24th and 31st
- An attractive and individual training offer during the service period, also during the probationary period
- Long-term career and development opportunities
- A discounted job ticket or a capital city allowance
- Salary according to the Federal Salary Act (BBesG-ÜfBE) or payment according to the collective agreement (TV-L)
- An annual special payment
- VBL (supplementary pension for the public service)
- Regular offers in the field of health management as service time (e.g. health courses, lectures, workshops)
- the possibility of taking up an hour of sport as part of company health management during working hours and office hours. Even with external providers.
Contact person for further information
To the job advertisement:
Ms. Walker, Department of Finance, Human Resources, Economic Development and Coordination
+49 30 90277 6481
Regarding the area of responsibility:
Mr. Fietkau, Department for Order, Roads, Green
Areas , Environment and Nature Conservation +49 30 90277 7094
We look forward to receiving your application by January 30, 2022 at: