Pupil Referral Unit (SEM & ASD) in Hammersmith & Fulham is recruiting for a Teacher of Art/ Art Teacher / SEN Teacher. This is a maternity Cover to start immediately!
The PRU caters to children diagnosed with SEMH and ASC. This is a well-run Pupil Referral Unit with a supported SLT, SEN Teachers and SEN TAs Staff. Teaching at this school has been overall observed as ‘Good’ and all new SEN Teachers will need to be able to demonstrate this also. Children know what is expected of them and are taught to be the best versions of themselves.
This Art Teacher / Teacher of Art vacancy is a full time fixed term maternity contract and would be suited to either an NQT or experienced teacher. You will only be short-listed with this role if you can demonstrate you are a well qualified teacher, ie PGCE/ Cert Ed/ GTP/ /Teach First SCITT/ QTLS or QTS). You will be teaching Art at both KS3 & KS4 and it is important you have experience teaching at these levels in either a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU)/ Alternative Provision/ Secondary School OR Pupil Referral Unit . Your have great SEN experience; ASC/ ODD/PDA/SEMH/ ADHD/CAMHS/ Behaviour Difficulties etc. Additionally, you will have experience with children who are on Education Health Care Plans (EHCP). The successful Teacher is able to build a really strong rapport with children on a 1:1 basis and within small groups. Also must be resilient, have a great sense of humour and able to teach a fun, engaging and creative Art lessons.
- YOUR teaching qualification (ie PGCE/ Teach First/ GTP/ Cert Ed / QTS/ QTLS/ etc)
- YOU are either an NQT or Experienced Art Teacher (MPS or UPS)
- YOU must have experience teaching in either; Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) / Secondary School/Alternative Provision or Pupil Referral Unit
- MUST be able to teach Art at both KS3 & KS4
- YOUR SEN experience; ie CAMHS/ SEMH/ ASC/ ADHD/ PDA/ ODD/ ASD /Behaviour Difficulties
- YOU are able to demonstrate a minimum of a’Good’ lesson
- ABLE to successfully de-escalate behaviour effectively
- YOU LIVE in commutable distance to the borough of Hammersmith & Fulham