We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join one of the fastest growing Powered Access companies in the UK and start on the path to a successful and rewarding Engineering career.
Salary is based on the National Apprenticeship rate – £4.30 / hr + benefits (for the first 12 months, after which the rate is dependent on age).
We will provide the successful applicant with a structured programme of training, both within our workshops and externally through a college, leading to valuable NVQ qualifications. Applicants will be required to sit a short Maths and English entrance test to qualify for college.
About the role:
- 3-year apprenticeship
- Work towards NVQ Level 3 in Plant Maintenance
- Valuable practical experience in an industry where qualified Engineers are in demand
- Work with Mechanical and Electro / Hydraulic systems
- Servicing and maintaining an expanding hire fleet of modern Truck Mounted powered access machinery
We would welcome applications with the following skills; Maths GCSE, English GCSE, Grade 4, Engineering, Trainee, Apprentice, Engineer.
We offer an excellent benefits package:
- 23 days holidays per year rising to 25, plus statutory holidays
- Inclusion in a profit share scheme
- An auto-enrolment pension scheme with employer contributions (from aged 22, but voluntary enrolment can be made before this age. Opt-out available)
- Death In Service benefit of 2 x salary
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- AFI Rewards (Shopping Discounts)
- £100 Christmas Bonus
In addition, we have invested in an excellent induction programme, and staff training (we currently hold an Investors in People award).
- You will need to have Maths and English GCSE’s grade 4 or above
- You must have a clear interest and aptitude for practical engineering
- You will need to demonstrate enthusiasm for the role
- You must work well under pressure and take instruction well
AFI Group is a leading provider of access solutions, from the hire and purchase of access equipment, to accredited training and service / maintenance of machines. With a current network of 21 hire locations across the UK, AFI has a strong emphasis on Health and Safety and is proud to hold various accreditations (ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO18001, 5* Achilles BuildingConfidence, Gold RoSPA award – to name a few).
Please note that we operate a 2-stage interview process and online testing to screen candidates.
- Contact: Smart Recruit Online
- Reference: Totaljobs/recroot-5269-30446-56
- Job ID: 9598603