- Change and Transformation Programme Manager
- Public Sector – Local Authority
- Full Time – 35 hours per week
- Temporary role – 3 months with possible extension
- £28.97 per hour PAYE / £37.92 per hour Umbrella
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
* To be a senior member of the Future Ealing Programme Management Office Team helping to deliver the Future Ealing Programme and provide targeted support to the Council’s change and transformation priorities
* Lead the development and delivery of a comprehensive programme within the Future Ealing (FE) Programme and co-ordinate a programme of complex projects as part of a whole-organisation outcome-led transformation programme
* Lead the establishment of best practice systems to ensure effective programme management and delivery of the FE programme and ensure benefit realisation
* Lead the management and resolution of complex programme issues, conflicts and risks within the programme to ensure effective overall delivery
* Responsible for working with key stakeholders and members of the Future Ealing team to create an environment that is outcome focussed, innovative and delivery focussed, to ensure successful delivery of the priority Future Ealing outcomes and to support a programme of activity to embed that culture within the organisation
* Responsible for working independently to engage internal and external stakeholders to build understanding and engagement with the goals of the programme and proactively resolve issues as they emerge.
* Deliver expert support to business areas of the council to develop innovative and credible proposals that improve outcomes for residents and deliver the councils MTFS
* Lead on the development of the programme implementation timetable, working with service leads, to ensure a coherent, integrated and credible delivery plan
* Develop and put in place a fit for purpose programme wide reporting structure to enable Corporate Board to effectively programme manage delivery of the FE programme overall, manage risk and ensure benefit realisation
* Provide line management for a team of up to 4 Project Managers and/or Project Officers and matrix manage other project staff (contract staff or those from other service areas) working on the programme
* Manage and resolve tensions between potentially conflicting individual programme workstreams in the interests of the programme as a whole
* Be aware of innovation and developments across the public sector so that Ealing’s programme is informed by a high-quality understanding of opportunities and tools to achieve change
* Leading and contributing to the development and assessment of high-quality business cases for transformation investment to deliver agreed transformation priorities including robust assessments of expected outcome and financial performance
* Responsible for working independently with senior (EDG and CB level) sponsors of the cross-cutting Future Ealing themes – commercial, digital and efficiency to ensure a co-ordinated programme
* Manage the programme budget and make recommendations on the use of the wider Change and Transformation service budget
* Attend meetings out of office hours as required on an occasional basis.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Excellent knowledge and understanding of local government, the pressures on it and implications for the council and partners
2. Excellent project and programme management skills and techniques
3. Experience of successfully delivering a large and complex transformation project and programme in an organisation of similar scale and complexity, focused on both cost reduction and improvements to real world outcomes.
6. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to build personal credibility quickly with a variety of stakeholders.
7. Outstanding leadership skills, including the ability to identify, own and overcome complex obstacles to the delivery of projects.
8. Ability to review, evaluate and share learning and best practice within programmes
9. The ability to monitor and analyse data to a high standard
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION(S), EXPERIENCE AND REGISTRATION
1. Experience of establishing project and programme management arrangements
2. Experience of working on local government change and transformation programmes and delivering benefits (outcomes and financial)
3. Experience of delivering transformation projects
4. Experience operating at a senior level in a large and politically complex organisation.
5. Experience of supporting and developing business cases for investment
6. Experience of engaging effectively with key stakeholder groups (staff, members, partners) to deliver results
7. Experience of providing consultancy style advice and support to projects
8. PRINCE II or other comparable project management qualification 9. Degree level or equivalent experience
10. Evidence of continuous professional development.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information – please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy