Our Business Services team is a collective of creative, strategic, forward-thinking business enablers. Together the People & Culture, Marketing & Communications, IT, Operations, Finance and Quality & Risk Management teams make it their mission to ensure Mazars has the right tools, technology, strategies and services in place to deliver exceptional client service and future-proof our growing business.
The Major Incident & Problem Manager will lead the management and reporting of all Incidents and associated Problems. You will take the role of Major Incident Manager in the event of high priority Incidents and be responsible for driving the restoration of Mazars business technology services and solutions. Responsible for the major incident and problem management discipline, ensuring an effective and coordinated set of processes are developed and maintained across all services, suppliers and customers. You will be an ambassador for Incident Management and will identify and maintain key relationships with internal and external stakeholders to continually improve the reputation of Mazars Service Management focussing primarily in the Major Incident, Incident and Problem Management disciplines.
- Co-ordinates rapid response to major incidents and problems, ensuring that appropriate action is taken to investigate and resolve them, with minimal downtime to systems and services.
- Initiation and management of relevant war rooms to manage major incidents whilst in progress. Undertake post Incident Reviews. Ensure processes are followed to engage all parties in the delivery of resolution and Root Cause Analysis for all major incidents.
- As the Major Incident Management lead be accountable for the day to day relationship with the service support and delivery owners and their service performance that will deliver the end to end service needed.
- End to end responsibility for the management, communication, escalation, investigation and resolution of incidents, ensuring business updates are timely and of sufficient quality, arranging discussions and updates as required.
- Contribute to capacity, availability, problem management, change management and knowledge management activities within the team, and undertaking Continual Service Improvements as a day to day activity.
- Analyses incident and problem reports and statistics to propose resolutions to reduce the number of incidents, by proactively identifying and preventing possible incidents
- Coordinate all activities required to respond to incidents in compliance with SLAs and OLAs
- Collaborate with peers to define a programme to improve customer service and improve the NPS and Customer Satisfaction scores for Incident and Problem Management
- Effectively manage Major Incidents within Mazars and Problems impacting one or more business lines across multiple functional areas and Third Parties
- Interrogate data for trends and produce management reports and analysis of the data for Problems and Incidents
- Creation of all Root Cause Analysis reports and management and coordination of corrective actions via a corrective action tracker/database
- Ensure that all modes of communication are effectively used throughout the incident life cycle, i.e. Teams chats, emails, etc.
- Document post incident recovery steps in order to establish Root Cause, aid in process improvements and identify deviations and to enable creation of a Knowledge Base items
- Develop and Maintain a Skills matrix around agreed critical systems for use in Incident situations
- Ensure all Known Errors and Root Cause solutions and workarounds are documented in the Mazars Service Now Knowledge base
- Proven problem-solving experience and root cause analysis utilising 5 Whys techniques or similar approaches
- Recent experience as Major Incident Manager within an Enterprise scale environment demonstrating strong analytical fault finding, diagnostics and troubleshooting skills.
- Previous exposure to ITSM toolsets, specifically Service Now with a clear understanding of how tools should be used to support incident management process activities.
- Possesses the specific technical skills required to deliver an effective incident and problem management function providing gap analysis and roadmap for continual service improvements
- Proficient in knowledge of IT infrastructure and software (hardware, applications, databases, operating systems, local area networks, Cloud solutions, etc.)
- Has a broad knowledge and understanding of IT concepts and architectures, coupled with proven experience of successfully managing incidents and problems
- Relevant ITIL intermediate qualifications, ITIL Expert desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing skills, interacting appropriately with users of many technical skill levels, remaining calm and courteous while working to resolve problems.
- A self-starter with an organised and methodical approach to problem solving through attention to detail and a proven ability to build relationships with internal and external, technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A fast learner with an inherent ability to understand complex technology solutions and communicate the impact of incidents in both IT and business terms.
- Effective time management skills; with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously requiring experience with prioritizing tasks due to shifting priorities, fluctuating workloads, and deadline pressures.
- Able to demonstrate success in service improvement activities
- Gravitas to influence and matrix-manage non-direct reports within the wider IT team
- Data Analysis Experience or use of Statistic Reporting
- Knowledge and experience of Service Level Management
Key Technical experience:
- Microsoft Office 365, Azure AD including Exchange, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, MS PowerApps, Citrix solutions.
- Cloud solutions Azure or similar platforms – AWS, Google etc.
- Corporate networks, Servers, Switches, Routers, Firewalls
- Business Applications
- Experience using ITSM tools, specifically Service Now
- VMware ESX and VMware Horizon
- Windows 10
- SharePoint, Smartsheet’s; WebEx, Microsoft Power Apps
- Nexthink Employee Experience Management Platform experience desirable
Out of hours and weekend work possible by agreementQua