Warehouse Terminal Operative
Days £19,590 – £25,126
Nights £29,385 – £37,690
DFDS are looking for 3 Warehouse Terminal Operatives to join their team at Immingham. 2 for the day shifts and 1 for the night shift. You will become part of an outgoing, positive and friendly team who are always there to help out. For this role you will be operating the Translifter, Tugs and Forklifts so previous experience operating these would be advantageous, you will be responsible for the handling of all cargo within the Terminal/Warehouse areas safely and efficiently.
- Load, discharge and stow cargo as required.
- Tally cargo, report discrepancies.
- Receive and deliver cargo, safely, to and from vehicles.
- Handle all cargo for storage, warehousing or any other purpose, within the Terminal area.
- Segregate hazardous cargo and always handle hazardous cargo correctly (under supervision of qualified person).
- Examine cargo for any damage.
- Report any damage to cargo, plant, or equipment to Management.
- Operate translifter, Tug, Forklift Trucks and other machinery as required.
- Load and discharge vessels with cargo safely.
- Adhere to all relevant policies, operating procedures, and standards always.
- Always work with due care and attention to ensure the personal safety of yourself and others.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as required using them to make a positive contribution to the business.
- Ensure all mechanical handling equipment is in full working order and that daily defect reports are completed.
- Carry out any other role or task that is commensurate with the spirit and purpose of this job description.
- Ensure the correct PPE is worn as required.
- Ensure that all safe systems of work are followed and that you have understood and signed all relevant procedures.
Now about what we can give you. You’ll be able to access some fantastic benefits such as:
- Life assurance cover
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Free ferry travel for up to 4 guests between Dover and Calais / Newcastle and Amsterdam with no limit on trips
- Full employee assistance programme including:
- Proactive financial, emotional, mental and physical health care support including face to face counselling, fast 24/7 access to a GP, a second medical opinion and legal support for colleagues and their family
- Huge range of retail discounts from high street and online retailers
- Cashback on health care including dental, optical, physiotherapy, prescriptions, specialist consultations and much more
- Access to Thrive, our award-winning Wellbeing platform
- Access to mental health first aid and opportunity to join support webinars with a focus on all areas of positive wellbeing
Who We Are…. DFDS provides shipping and transport services in Europe, generating annual revenues of EUR 1.9bn. To over 8,400 freight customers, we deliver high performance and superior reliability through shipping and port terminal services, and transport and logistics solutions. For six million passengers, we provide safe overnight and short sea ferry services. Our 10,000 employees are located on ships and in offices across more than 20 countries. DFDS was founded in 1866, is headquartered in Copenhagen, and listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. In the UK, DFDS prides itself on having signed the Armed Forces Covenant and membership of the Apprenticeship Diversity Champions Network.
Interested? Apply now! If you’re looking for a varied role and have a desire to work in one of Northern Europe’s leading shipping and logistics company, please send us across your CV!