Elkem is one of the world’s leading suppliers of silicon-based advanced materials with global operations through the value chain from quartz to specialty silicones.
Our vision is to supply advanced materials shaping the future.
We are now looking for an experienced procurement professional and strong team player that knows how to add value in a global environment.
Elkem Corporate Procurement is part of Elkem’s Corporate Supply Chain (CSC) function, which holds the overall global responsibility for Elkem’s procurement and logistics strategies and policies. The focus is to improve Elkem’s total procurement position by securing cost optimal, safe and sustainable deliverables for the company. The function is working internationally across all divisions in the company, requiring a high level of coordination in the implementation of Elkem’s Procurement and Supply Chain Strategy.
Areas of responsibility:
- You will prepare procurement strategies and procurement plans, as well as inquiries, negotiations and evaluations and implementation of framework agreements and categories.
- You will challenge and seek the best possible purchasing solutions both for projects and for operational purchases.
- You will contribute to improving best practices for procurement in the company globally, as well as the preparation of governing documents.
- You will collaborate with plant organizations and project organizations within procurement.
- You will follow up KPIs and take care of necessary result / progress reporting. Experience with reporting and benchmarking is valuable.
- You will ensure best practice and good management of framework agreements and categories in accordance with CSC guidelines.
- You will make sure all processes around Procurement Governance is taken care of in close collaboration with other functions in the company.
- You will contribute to Group Purchasing realizing its potential in digitizing the function.
- You will be a super user for IT systems related to the procurement subject. Experience from procurement digitization projects is an advantage.
Qualifications required to join our team:
- Higher relevant education at bachelor level. Specialization in Supply chain, procurement, economics, international marketing is an advantage
- Experience with working in an international environment, being a negotiator, independent and flexible.
- Experience with project work.
- English and one Scandinavian language at negotiation level
- Experienced user of normal functionality in MS Office tools.
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills and understanding of procurement processes
- Have a technical curiosity and a commercial drive
- Able to handle parallel tasks and projects
- Strong relation builder
- Creativity and self-management
The position reports to leader of Corporate Procurement.
Location is Oslo/Kristiansand, however other location can be agreed