Job title: Senior Sales Manager, Luxury Leisure
Department: Sales & Marketing
Inspired & supported by: Linda Hodgson, Commercial Director
Your purpose will be:
To approach clients with emotional intelligence, coupled with an intense ego drive, enabling you to home in on the target effectively and make the sale. You will have the drive, the need to make the sale, with empathy to be the connecting tool with which to achieve designated targets.
You will be accountable for:
- Ownership in driving total account management and sales from the global luxury leisure market including negotiated transient, group and events
- Managing the existing leisure and luxury partnerships suitable to our strategy.
- Developing new business and growing profitability through strategic sales performance.
- Uniting and coordinating internal teams to help deliver extraordinary and memorable client experiences.
Your key responsibilities & contribution will be:
- To be confident in proactively planning and executing sales activity including research, sales negotiation, hotel show rounds, client entertaining, familiarisation trips and client roadshows.
- Effective management of a portfolio of key accounts through planned sales activities.
- Participation in tradeshows and workshops as required.
- Planning and executing overseas sales trips as required.
- To show teamwork and flexibility with internal hotel team to deliver exceptional service.
- To work cohesively and collaboratively with Accor/FRS Global Sales organisation.
What you will need to do this role:
- Possess thorough knowledge on how to handle luxury leisure clients.
- Established network of connections in the luxury leisure industry including (but not limited to): Luxury consortia; Concierge companies; Tour operators; Wholesalers; UK based DMCs.
- Experience at managerial level within a high pressured and dynamic environment.
- A charismatic sales person with a strong ability to optimize opportunities, and a persistence in identify lead opportunities.
- Ability to build a trusting relationship with the client – honest in discussions and dependable with follow-up.
- A high capacity for emotional intelligence to accelerate the client relationship process.
- Track record of winning and closing business and have prior experience in a similar 5* luxury environment.
- High impact communicator with high standards for performance, together with excellent communication, problem solving and listening skills.
- Confident in taking the initiative and adopt an organised approach to your role and that of the team.
- Highest degree of integrity and discretion.
- An impassioned and empathetic communicator who can bring to life the luxury experience.
- Monitor partners’ websites to ensure data is always accurate and periodically monitor correct displays in GDS
- Annual contracting process with key consortia partners
- Highly organised and proactive in coordinating tasks.
- Good working knowledge of Opera Sales & Catering OR Delphi FDC.
- An exceptional level of attention to detail.
Please note that we believe in flexibility and multi skilling, and you may be asked to do different tasks from time to time to enable us to meet the needs of our guests and colleagues.
How you will be Extraordinary:
- Your passion for hospitality and your enthusiasm for what you do are clear for all to see.
- You are gifted in building authentic relationships with our guests and colleagues, tuning into what they need and always going the extra mile to make them feel special. Nothing is too much trouble.
- Your glass is always half full and your positive energy is infectious.
- You are adaptable, and enjoy doing a variety of different things. You would never say ‘it’s not my job!’
- You work well under pressure, juggling tasks and prioritising brilliantly, so that you consistently deliver to a high standard
- You have an eye for detail and are committed to doing everything you can to get it right first time for our guests and colleagues
- You are constantly thinking about how we can improve the way we do things and create and even better guest and colleague experience
- You are an expert in what you do best, and have the appetite to learn how to do new things
- You are self-motivated, and take ownership for driving your own performance , thriving on being trusted and being given freedom in how you do your job
- You work brilliantly with colleagues across the hotel so that we are one team delivering a seamless and memorable guest experience
What’s in it for you?
- Being part of The Savoy family – our culture is unique!
- We will trust, empower and develop you to fulfil your potential
- You will benefit from training and development opportunities
- We have regular social events
- Competitive Salary and benefits including pension and life assurance
- Laundry services & dry cleaning for uniform
- 31 days of holiday (including Public holidays)
- Colleague restaurant
- Colleague gym facility
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme
- Savoy Hotel discount, and discounts in Accor hotels
- And last but not least you will get to work with a team of EXTRAORDINARY people
- Contact: Safa Ahsan
- Reference: Caterer/238798860
- Job ID: 95907244