Currie & Brown is looking for a consultant/senior consultant to support the delivery of our lifecycle and whole-life cost service within our advisory services team in the London office. This is an opportunity to join a small, growing team working in construction, infrastructure and business change projects and programmes.
We work with leading clients in a wide variety of sectors including health, commercial, infrastructure, education and defence. Each of our projects is different but our goal is the same – to help our clients achieve successful outcomes. We work hard to understand the needs of our clients and to develop bespoke solutions and specialist advice – from helping them to set priorities and direction to supporting improved decisions in sustainability, lifecycle costing and risk throughout the project lifecycle.
The role is primarily focused on lifecycle costing but will interface closely with our other advisory services. The successful candidate will also support project leaders within these service lines in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, developing services and solutions, and building client relationships.
- A high-quality, friendly and dynamic working environment with excellent support services and systems
- A bespoke training and development programme
- Mentoring with experienced professionals to help you accelerate your career progression
- Excellent range of benefits and flexible working arrangements
- The opportunity to work with and help shape major projects influencing the future of the UK’s built environment
Responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out consultancy assignments in a wide range of sectors in the construction industry
- Provision of whole-life/lifecycle cost models and options appraisals tailored to projects and clients
- Providing bespoke advice to clients including research and data gathering, quantitative analysis (including lifecycle, energy and risk models) and facilitation of workshops
- Providing specialist lifecycle cost advice and optimisation of whole-life costs and performance for a range of projects and assets
- Supporting the provision of whole-life cost outputs and data to support economic and business cases
- Producing high-quality technical outputs to clients including models, presentations, reports and datasets
- Assisting with proposal and bid development and identifying and contributing to business development opportunities where appropriate
- Representing the company in a professional and diligent manner; meeting and corresponding with clients to form strong working relationships
- Minimum 2:1 at degree level, in any discipline
- Previous consultancy/commercial experience with a minimum of two years’ experience in whole-life and lifecycle costing in construction and/or infrastructure
- Strong IT skills, with proficiency in MS Office suite (particularly Excel
- Previous experience in handling numbers, including large volumes of data in the preparation of reports and economic appraisals
- Experience involving research, analysis and presentations
- Good technical writing, client-facing and communication skills (both internal and external)
- Commercially astute with presentation skills
- Demonstrable ability to take ownership of tasks and work with overlapping/tight deadlines, delivering outputs in an accurate and timely manner
- Passionate about helping clients to make good decisions and create a fantastic built environment
- Ability to review information quickly and efficiently, taking initiative and making decisions using an appropriate mix of analysis and judgement
- Energetic and dynamic, capable of delivering to plan but also able to react flexibly to changing circumstances
- Co-operative team member who shares knowledge and skills, applies industry best practice to all commissions and learns from mistakes
- Ability to introduce innovative approaches that can be used to improve performance, reduce costs, increase quality, improve business processes, and provide clear rationale and supporting data to justify solutions
Currie & Brown is one of the world’s leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Currie & Brown is an equal opportunity employer. As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job. Currie & Brown UK is also proud to have signed the Armed Forces Covenant, which represents a promise by the company that those who serve or have served, and their families, are treated fairly.
Apply on employer’s website