Who we are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of members’ clubs, restaurants, hotels, workspaces and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally.
We embarked on a digital transformation journey in 2019 with the goal of enhancing member experience, both in our houses and outside. We have now created a proprietary digital platform, and through that introduced a number of digital solutions to improve our member experience including ‘House Pay’, our proprietary digital payment service, ‘House Guest’, our global guest check in service, ‘Connect’ our in app member to member connectivity platform as well as other functionalities which allow members to conveniently book, pay, consume content and manage their membership digitally. Since launch these digital products have significantly increased our members digital engagement which enables us to support our physical expansion, our new membership types and acquisitions. In the last 24 months, our digital platform has provided members with a phenomenal experience, that is unique. The future is looking even more exciting.
As the Oracle Implementation Manager you will be part of the Global Hospitality Solutions Team within the Soho Digital team, particularly focused on supporting and maintaining our hotel property management systems (including Oracle Opera and Synxis) and F&B point of sale solutions so that our business can operate without friction, encouraging integration and best practices in order to protect the member experience and ensure the business’ premier reputation is protected.
This is a key role in a fast-paced and growing business line. You will be responsible for supporting the hotel and F&B teams across the globe, primarily focusing on the Oracle Opera Property Management System suite and the Micros Simphony point of sale. You will work with the SohoHouse Operations teams and third party partners and talk with authority on these applications and recommend configuration improvements when and where appropriate, and you will have the opportunity to develop your solutions knowledge across the wider hospitality applications suite in order to accompany the business in its future growth.
This role requires you to have strong experience of either the hotel rooms booking business or point of sale solutions in an F&B environment together with experience with IT support, project delivery lifecycle, with a functional and technical understanding of the supporting applications, along with a good grasp of necessary business processes in this area.
- General Support & Small-Scale Development
- Full accountability for provision of appropriate l2/L3 support and maintenance of the Hotel and F&B solutions
- Ensure the Hotel and F&B environments are correctly maintained and any patches / fixes etc are current and applied within an appropriate timeline;
- Best Practices
- Educate the business in configuring products to maximise value and experience for Soho House members
- Be instrumental in transformation of business practices
- Demonstrate expertise in challenging existing practices and controls to drive the continual improvement of systems, process, automation, & integration;
- Ensure best practice is implemented across all IT processes to support the Hotel business.
- Audit & Controls
- Validate user access is appropriate to business needs
- Liaison with Auditors when necessary to ensure clean and successful IT Audit for the applications for which you will be responsible
- Continue to develop and build a function that is able to support the Hotel business moving forward, providing training, resolving problems to ensure that the team are supporting the business users in achieving their day to day activities.
- Support major projects with SME expertise/insight and direction.
- Working collaboratively across departments; ability to interpedently hold conversations with senior colleagues across the business
- Work as part of a small team , ensuring hospitality products are well represented
- Ensure communication is timely and accurate for IT management as well as business stakeholders
- Manage IT General governance as agreed
- Work with minimal supervision
- Able to work flexibly in a fast paced , changing environment
- Proven ability to configure and develop Hotel systems (Opera/Synxis) and or Micros (Oracle) Simphony
- Excellent understanding of business processes and business needs in hotels, room booking and F&B environments
- Conversant in the systems and key hotel interfaces
- Self-Starter & ability to demonstrate leadership with a can do attitude
- Pragmatic in solutioning (we are £ conscious as a business);
- Experience working within a global team and multiple businesses within a group
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to get the job done
- Able to communicate effectively and credibly
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
- Global Soho House Membership
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training’s and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day’s + vacation days.
- Contact: Jack
- Reference: Caterer/066681EEBB