he Head of Risk and Compliance will be responsible for providing high level strategic direction to the Senior Management team on risk related matters as well as holding the ethical integrity of the company and ensuring that business operations are compliant with all Legal and Regulatory requirements and company policies.
The Head of Risk and Compliance will be responsible for providing high level strategic direction to the Company’s Senior Management team on risk related matters as well as holding the ethical integrity of the company and ensuring that business operations are compliant with all Legal and Regulatory requirements and company policies.
Specific Risk areas will include, Corporate Governance, Information Security, Regulatory Compliance and Operational Risk.
- Ideally hold an FCA Certified status under the Senior Managers and Certification Regime for the required responsibilities.
- Holds DPO status and to fulfil the required responsibilities.
- Provide guidance and support to enable the business functions to comply with contractual requirements, maintain required certifications (ISO27001 / PCI DSS / Cyber Essentials) and Compliance with Company policies and standards.
- Be an active member of the Executive Committee.
- Active Participation in the definition of business objectives and strategies.
- Executes duties under the mandate provided under the businesses Governance Framework.
- Key Stakeholder
- Provide the Senior Management Team, Board and Investors with assurance that Regulatory Risks related to agreed business strategies are identified and assessed, and relevant direction and/or business advice is delivered.
- Provide guidance in a manner that is proactive, pragmatic and enabling.
- Interpret relevant Legislation and Regulation for the Company, disseminating internally and where necessary, consulting externally.
- Provide practical advice and support to the business and offering clarity on Regulatory issues.
- Ensure an effective Risk Assessment and Reporting Framework is in place to facilitate proactive management of business risks and reporting.
- Attend (and chair where required) Relationship and Governance meetings, providing Risk Counsel, opinion and advice as required.
- Maintain effective regulatory policies and procedures.
Risk and Compliance:
- Ensure that the business meets its regulatory obligations in accordance with their regulatory footprint.
- Ensure that the requirements of the FCA Senior Managers and Certification Regime are met.
- Hold responsibility for the 2nd and 3rd Lines of Defence (LoD) in terms of Risk and Compliance oversight.
- Maintain oversight of the Risk Register in line with the development of the Company and the Company’s risk appetite.
- Own the Company’s Information Security Strategy developing supporting policies, procedures and processes.
- Develop and training material in line with regulatory standards and maintain oversight of employee training records.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Ensure that on-going data requirements are clearly specified as part of the design of the businesses products and services.
- Ensure that the results of data analysis are acted upon to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure that the results of data analysis are escalated in accordance with the Governance Framework.
- Provide the required returns and reports to the FCA and any other appropriate regulatory or accrediting bodies in a timely manner.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Significant experience of Appropriate Legislation and Regulations, pertaining to the Financial Services / Payments Industry.
- Knowledge of Financial Services Products and Services.
- Good Knowledge & Experience of Risk, Compliance, and Information Security.
- Ability to communicate and influence at a senior level, including Director / Senior Management.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer confidence.
- Excellent Relationship and Stakeholder Management.
- Commercial awareness.
- Excellent analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyse current business practices and identify areas of Risk or Improvement.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organisational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Excellent Leadership skills
Risk / Compliance / Security
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.