Our Client Assets & Safeguarding (CAS) team has an excellent external reputation for provision of high quality regulatory audit and other assurance services to major firms. Our team covers banking and capital markets, investment and asset management, insurance brokers and payment services firms.
In our team you would have the opportunity to develop deep specialism in your chosen field, working with a client base that includes global leaders in their field. You would also have the opportunity, if wanted, to broaden experience across industry lines within client assets and safeguarding, or more broadly across our Assurance Group, where opportunities include Conduct of Business, ESG, Prudential regulation and legislation.
Typical services we offer within the CAS team are:
- Working alongside financial statement audit teams to perform CASS and Safeguarding audits;
- Providing practical, yet technical, advice on the more judgemental Client Assets, Payment Services and E-money rules;
- Reviewing control environments, risk frameworks, operating models, governance structures, CASS footprints, operating model and providing recommendations to senior stakeholders on gaps and enhancements;
- Reviewing non-audit clients’ CASS Resolution Packs including 48 hour dry-runs for insolvency; and
- Performing S166 and shadow S166 reviews of Client Assets and Safeguarding.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
As an Assistant Manager within the Client Assets and Safeguarding team you will have a range of responsibilities such as:
- Day to day management of client engagements, including regulatory audits. This includes participation in walk-through sessions and client meetings; leading project management functions; review of work performed by junior team members; completion of more complex aspects of work; provision technical input on the CASS / Safeguarding rules; and managing the involvement of the senior project team.
- Owning and maintaining relationships with our client base.
- Providing technical support and challenge to firms on all areas impacting client assets protection such as on-boarding, Legal, Trading, Settlements, Risk, Treasury and Finance.
- Supporting and contributing to the development of junior members of the team.
- Driving continuous improvement through innovation and transformation, embracing change and challenging the way we do things to develop our CAS offerings;
- Developing and maintaining relationships across service lines and geographies to deliver market and client focused solutions;
- Being responsive to and anticipating client’s needs, providing strategic and relevant insight;
- Being part of a wider community helping to grow our practice and develop our strategy; and
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
- We are focused on ensuring that your client portfolio meets your experience, personality and career aspirations and this in turn enables you to deliver the highest possible standard of work and the flexibility in creating a career path that matches your expectations.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel. If you have a location preference, please let your recruiter know.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role is to be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Knowledge of your chosen sector (e.g. banking, capital markets, investment management, insurance and / or payments) and how the Client Asset / Safeguarding rules apply to those firms.
- Experience of working with and practical knowledge of the CASS / Safeguarding rules, common breaches and other expected elements of a firm’s control environment, such as governance and oversight and risk and controls frameworks.
- An ability and desire to work under your own initiative and in many different and challenging environments.
- A willingness to learn and to develop others.
- Good organisational and project management skills.
- Enjoy working to deadlines.
- A professional approach.
- A client centric and flexible, service orientated approach.
- An ability to work with a diverse group of people and be part of ensuring an inclusive team culture, where people are recognised for their contribution.
The following is desirable but not required:
- Experience of conducting audit engagements or other control reviews.
- A deep understanding of how risk management practically works in relation to protection of client assets.
- Experience in leading controls walkthroughs with control owners.
- Practical knowledge of the FRC’s Assurance Standard respecting reporting on client assets to the FCA.
- Business writing skills, including the ability to write reports which clearly and professionally convey sometimes detailed and complex matters in a clear and concise way.
- We will consider exceptional candidates who have only limited or no previous experience of CASS and / or safeguarding regulations, but wish to gain exposure in this field.
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
Our Audit & Assurance team understand the most important decisions are the ones we are yet to make.
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal.