TYPE OF CONTRACT
Since the opening of our virtual doors in 1995, we have never stopped innovating.
All our activities are aimed at the satisfaction of our customers; From the moment you place an order online to the preparation of it behind the scenes, we do everything in our power to act in a voluntary, fluid and agile manner.
This approach is summed up by one of our major leadership principles: “Be proactive”. Our teams are not only present: they unite their efforts and do not hesitate to roll up their sleeves. We want to become the most customer-centric company in the world.
We are looking for an Operations Manager responsible for the day-to-day management of one of our sites. We need you to help us grow Amazon Logistics, our new last mile delivery logistics business, within our delivery center.
You will be responsible for leading a team of Logistics Team Managers, Logistics Supervisors, Operations Agents and transport providers to ensure the proper shipment of orders to our customers. You will need to:
- Proactively manage relations with transport providers, as well as the overall performance of the site
- Achieve and exceed key performance indicators such as on-time delivery, successful first-time delivery, and improved customer service
- Transmit these indicators to the players concerned, paying particular attention to signaling any exceptions to other Operations management teams, or even to other Amazon teams, if applicable
- Participate in the analysis of systems and processes in order to design innovative solutions while identifying business needs. You will also be responsible for their implementation.
- Holder of a university degree.
- Perfect command of English: oral and written.
- Extensive experience in an operational environment (mass distribution, production, retail trade, etc.) or dynamic logistics oriented process
- Experience in team management, project management and definition, in gathering requirements and designing solutions to support processes
- Excellent customer service and human relations skills
- Good command of Excel and good data analysis skills
- Knowledge of Lean techniques such as Kaizen and / or Six Sigma methodologies
- Specialization in operational discipline such as engineering, logistics or a related field
- Ability to work weekends and outside working hours (especially at night), according to a flexible schedule
- You are confident when speaking to multiple hierarchical levels within a large organization
- You are an agile and visionary innovator and know how to manage ambiguities and / or conflicts at the level of priorities and requirements