LSE is committed to building a diverse, equitable and truly inclusive university.
The London School of Economics is a cosmopolitan university situated in the vibrant centre of London that specialises in the study of social sciences. Our Data and Technology Services division provides services to over 14,000 staff and student users.
We seek a Platforms Analyst to work within our platforms team in delivering core infrastructure to a userbase that is over 15,000 strong. This represents an excellent opportunity for someone to develop an already burgeoning skillset related to delivering compute & storage, centrally managing servers and end-points, active directory services and/or cloud platforms.
The Platform Services team are responsible for delivery of Compute and storage, MS365, Active Directory services and end-point computing services and perform a key role in the strategic objective of migration to the cloud. The Platform analyst will be part of that journey and can expect a high-level of personal development aligned with our development of Azure, AWS and Ms365 platform.
The Platform analyst will play a key role in delivering services across the entire Platforms remit, but will have a specific focus on:
- Central Systems Management of systems through our SCCM platform
- Windows and Linux server management
- End user device management and application deployment through use of App-V and the implementation of Autopilot and Intune
Candidates should have:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and/or Linux systems administration, including systems security, patching and systems monitoring
- Experience with VMWare vSphere/ESXi and/or Microsoft Hyper-V and/or Azure/AWS public cloud IaaS for hosting Linux and Windows virtual servers.
- Experience of the installation, configuration and management of platforms for Microsoft Windows Server (MS SQL, MS IIS, MS SCCM) and/or Linux (Apache, MySQL, Tomcat, Puppet).
- Experience of producing appropriate scripts and programming to support the operation of server-based services (especially MS PowerShell and/or Linux bash).
- Knowledge of MS365 and Cloud services including Azure AD is desirable.
We offer an occupational pension scheme, generous annual leave and excellent training and development opportunities. LSE is also open to flexible working and is currently adapting its workspaces for a reduced occupancy model.
For further information about the post, please see the how to apply document, job description and the person specification.
To apply for this post, please go to https://jobs.lse.ac.uk. If you have any technical queries with applying on the online system, please use the “contact us” links at the bottom of the LSE Jobs page. Should you have any queries about the role, please email [email protected]
The closing date for receipt of applications is 22nd November 2021 (23.59 UK time). Regrettably, we are unable to accept any late applications.